A carefully selected Top 10 list of the best courage quotes to inspire you on this magnificent whirlwind journey of life.
You know you've made it this far in life; then you know there's a deep well of courage already inside of you, waiting to be drawn from whenever needed. Sometimes one more step forward in the right direction is all that's needed to succeed.
"Courage doesn't always roar.
Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day
that says I'll try again tomorrow."
- Mary Anne Radmacher
"It takes a lot of courage to show your dreams to someone else."
- Erma Bombeck 1927 - 1996 : Writer and humorist
"We gain strength, and courage, and confidence
by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face…
we must do that which we think we cannot."
- Eleanor Roosevelt 1884 - 1962 : First Lady and politician
"Courage isn't having the strength to go on -
it is going on when you don't have strength."
- Napoleon Bonaparte 1769 - 1821 : Military and political leader
"Great crisis produce great men and great deeds of courage."
- John F. Kennedy 1917 - 1963 : 35th U.S. President
"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak;
courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen."
- Winston Churchill 1874 - 1965 : Prime Minister of Great Britain twice
"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear."
- Mark Twain 1835 - 1910 : Author, humourist and speaker
"Courage and perseverance have a magical talisman,
before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into air."
- John Quincy Adams 1767 - 1848 : 6th U.S. President
"Courage is found in unlikely places."
- J.R.R.Tolkien 1892 - 1973 : Writer, poet, and philologist
"What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?"
- Vincent van Gogh 1853 - 1890 : Dutch painter
Share this Page
And the best of the rest…
"Who could refrain that had a heart to love
and in that heart courage to make love known?"
- William Shakespeare 1564 - 1616 : Playwright, poet and actor
"I know what I want, I have a goal, an opinion, I have a religion and love.
Let me be myself and then I am satisfied.
I know that I’m a woman, a woman with inward strength and plenty of courage."
- Anne Frank 1929 - 1945
"Courage: the most important of all the virtues because without courage,
you can't practice any other virtue consistently."
- Maya Angelou
Get connected! Have your say about what you just read.