Free your mind with these positive thinking quotes. They will keep you on the right frequency in a world where we get bombarded with negativity constantly (if you choose to watch it) in the news, papers, and television programs (particularly soaps).
It's important to stay in touch with what's going on in the world of course, but what we feed our minds today actually matters tomorrow; it's who we become. Enjoy.
"It isn't what you have or who you are or where you are or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy.
It is what you think about it."
- Dale Carnegie 1888 - 1955 : Writer and lecturer
"Keep your thoughts positive because your thoughts become your words.
Keep your words positive because your words become your behavior.
Keep your behavior positive because your behavior becomes your habits.
Keep your habits positive because your habits become your values.
Keep your values positive because your values become your destiny."
- Mahatma Gandhi 1869 - 1948 : Leader of Indian independence
"If you are distressed by anything external,
the pain is not due to the thing itself,
but to your estimate of it;
and this you have the power to revoke at any moment."
- Marcus Aurelius 121 - 180 AD : Roman Emperor and philosopher
"Allow yourself to think only those thoughts
that match your principles and can bear the bright light of day.
Day by day, your choices, your thoughts, your actions
fashion the person you become.
Your integrity determines your destiny."
- Heraclitus 535 BC - 475 BC : Greek philosopher
"Govern thy life and thy thoughts
as if the whole world were to see the one, and read the other."
- Thomas Fuller 1608 - 1661 : Writer and preacher
"I think to think. Not to be thought-full,
or to reach a point of wisdom or acquire a grace of knowledge.
I think for the sensuality of thought."
- Ilyas Kassam : Writer and poet
"If you fill your mind with a beautiful thought,
there will be no room in it for an ugly one."
- Frances Hodgson Burnett 1849 - 1924 : Playwright and author
"Quantum mechanics confirms it.
Quantum cosmology confirms it.
That the Universe essentially emerges from thought
and all of this matter around us is just precipitated thought."
- Dr John Hagelin (1954) : Quantum physicist and educator
"The vibrations of mental forces are the finest
and consequently the most powerful in existence."
- Charles Haanel 1866 - 1949 : Author and businessman
"Thinking is the hardest work there is,
which is the probably reason so few engage in it."
- Henry Ford 1863 - 1947 : Founder of Ford Motor Company
Get connected! Have your say about what you just read.