I hope you enjoy these mmm errr hope quotes that will mmm errr hope..fully inspire you. Mmmmm! Very bad but the quotes are great.
"My great hope is to laugh as much as I cry;
to get my work done and try to love somebody
and have the courage to accept the love in return."
- Maya Angelou 1928 - present : Author and poet
"We must accept finite disappointment,
but never lose infinite hope."
- Martin Luther King, Jr 1929 - 1968 : Clergyman and civil rights activist
"I am prepared for the worst,
but I hope for the best."
- Benjamin Disraeli 1804 - 1881 : British Prime Minister and writer
“There is a saying in Tibetan, 'Tragedy should be utilized as a source of strength.'
No matter what sort of difficulties, how painful experience is,
if we lose our hope, that's our real disaster.”
- 14th Dalai Lama 1935 - present : Spiritual leader
"Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people
who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all."
- Dale Carnegie 1888 - 1955 : Writer
"There is no medicine like hope, no incentive so great,
and no tonic so powerful as expectation of something tomorrow."
- Orison Swett Marden 1850 - 1924 : Spiritual author
"Hope is like peace.
It is not a gift from God.
It is a gift only we can give one another."
- Elie Wiesel 1928 - present : Political activist, professor, and writer
"He who has health, has hope;
and he who has hope, has everything."
- Thomas Carlyle 1795 - 1881 : Philosopher and writer
"A leader is a dealer in hope."
- Napoleon Bonaparte 1769 - 1821 : French military and political leader
"Hope begins in the dark,
the stubborn hope that if you just show up
and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come.
You wait and watch and work: you don't give up."
- Anne Lamott 1954 - present : Writer and speaker
And the best of the rest…
"Everything that is done in the world is done by hope."
- Martin Luther 1483 - 1546 : Monk, priest, and theologian
"Hope is a waking dream."
"Faith has to do with things that are not seen
and hope with things that are not at hand."
- Thomas Aquinas 1225 - 1274 : Priest and philosopher
"While there's life, there's hope."
- Marcus Tullius Cicero 106 BC - 43 BC : Roman statesman and philosopher
"Where there is no vision, there is no hope."
- George Washington Carver 1864 - 1943 : Scientist, educator, and inventor
Share this Page
Get connected! Have your say about what you just read.