Within this mind quotes page lies the secrets to life itself. Man's greatest discovery is the power of the mind to create and change our lives. Passion, purpose and perseverance of thought is the key to all attainment, success and any desired change of circumstance.
Share this Page
Another one of my favourite quotes above. It requires discipline and hard mental labour to control our mind. I'm still working on it! I hope these quotes will help and inspire you as much as they have me.
"The mind is a universe,
and it has the power to completely create any possibility."
- Lionel Suggs : Author
"You have the power over your mind - not outside events.
Realise this, and you will find strength."
- Marcus Aurelius 121 - 180 AD
(Roman Emperor and philosopher)
"Man often becomes what he believes himself to be.
If I keep on saying to myself that I cannot do a certain thing,
it is possible that I may end by really becoming incapable of doing it.
On the contrary, if I have the belief that I can do it,
I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it
even if I may not have it at the beginning."
- Gandhi 1869 - 1948 : Leader of Indian independence
"What this power is, I cannot say.
All I know is that it exists
and it becomes available only when you are in that state of mind
in which you know exactly what you want
and are fully determined not to quit until you get it."
- Alexander Graham Bell 1847 - 1922 : Scientist, inventor, and engineer
"A strong mind always hopes, and has always cause to hope."
- Thomas Carlyle 1795 - 1881 : Philosopher, writer, and teacher
"If you want to reach a goal,
you must "see the reaching" in your own mind
before you actually arrive at your goal."
- Zig Ziglar 1926 - 2012 : Motivational speaker and author
"Any idea, plan, or purpose
may be placed in the mind through repetition of thought."
- Napoleon Hill 1883 - 1970 : - Author and lecturer
"The empires of the future are the empires of the mind."
- Winston Churchill 1874 - 1965 : - Prime Minister of Great Britain
"To enjoy good health,
to bring true happiness to one's family, to bring peace to all,
one must first discipline and control one's own mind.
If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment,
and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him."
- Buddha 563 BC - 483 BC
"If it ever occurs to people to value the honour of the mind
equally with the honour of the body,
we shall get a social revolution of a quite unparalleled sort."
- Dorothy L. Sayers 1893 - 1957 : Writer, poet, and playwright
"Most people believe the mind to be a mirror,
more or less accurately reflecting the world outside them,
not realizing on the contrary that
the mind is itself the principal element of creation."
- Rabindranath Tagore 1861 - 1941 : Poet, writer, composer, and painter
"Age is an issue of mind over matter.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter."
- Mark Twain 1835 - 1910 : Author and humorist
"The energy of the mind is the essence of life."
- Aristotle 384 BC - 322 BC : Philosopher
"Books open your mind, broaden your mind,
and strengthen you as nothing else can."
- William Feather 1889 - 1981 : Author
"Man's mind may be likened to a garden,
which may be intelligently cultivated or allowed to run wild."
- James Allen 1864 - 1912 : Author of As a Man Thinketh
"Our mind is a magazine with a new edition every four seconds."
- Marshall McLuhan 1911 - 1980 : Communications expert
Share this Page
Get connected! Have your say about what you just read.